Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cheeseballs

I've just realized that it's been quite a while since I blogged about anything important that's happened in the recent history.  As in the last month or so.  I love to read all the blogs of friends old and new.  I guess blogging is sort of a share and share alike so if I want to read about you, I should let you read about me! :)

Anyways, life around here has been simultaneously boring and busy.  I'm sure anyone with young kids would agree.  It's been a bit boring because it seems like I do the EXACT same thing everyday.  And busy because there just doesn't seem to be any down time with a baby, a husband, mom to take care of and a house to keep in order!





Overall things have been pretty good!  Cadence is super cute.  I am pretty biased but I'm pretty sure anyone who's seen her agrees.  I think she's just gotten over an ear infection.  She's been a little (a lot) irritable the last few days, so I've been wondering if the amoxicillin really got rid of all of it...  It never really worked for me, but Cadence isn't me.  She just looks a whole heck of a lot like me!




We're building a house just across town.  It's just a couple miles away, so it's out of the ward so we're sad about that, but it doesn't temper our excitement about owning our OWN PLACE!!  It's going to be awesome! 

The trick will be setting a budget for all the extra stuff we want to add ourselves.  We've got quite a list: built-in shelving, bamboo flooring, tile, furniture for the whole house, etc.  It's going to be especially hard for us to set a budget because we know how great of a deal we'll get on everything because Derek's such a great handyman!  I'm even planning on getting my hands dirty (with Derek's supervision of course).

The best part of having our own place--at least to me, right now?  Cadence having her very own space.  Her own room and bathroom far away from the rest of the living spaces!

And if you haven't noticed, the post title has nothing to do with the subject matter.  It was just a word I heard in the background on TV.  It was spoken by a guy with a British accent so it made it all that much more interesting sounding.

5 comments:

  1. Building your own place!!! Wow! That is so much cooler than buying it already finished! You get to pick what you want and add stuff to it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahhaa, I love the title of this post and that it came from a british man on TV in the background. That is hilarious!

    Cadence is sooooo darling! And how exciting about your house! And yes! Let us read about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for some reason you were going to talk about the cheeseballs in RS last moment and couldn't really figure out why. They were good, so maybe. I am so excited for your house. It will be so nice to get your own place and all of your stuff set up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cadence is truly adorable and it makes me even that more excited to have a cute little girl of my own. We do need to hang out sometime soon, we haven't played Wii since the last time you were here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the title of the post really made me want to read it. then I read it and it wasnt anything about cheeseballs. :(

    ReplyDelete