Sunday, January 31, 2010

Funny Thing

A funny thing happened today.  As we were walking out the doors of the church I was ready with my key chain remote for the van--we have one of those magic, electric side doors that open with the touch of a button--but just as I had pushed the magic button on my handy remote, we paused a minute to talk to some friends.

After we finished that, we walked over to the van to load up.  Derek was carrying Cadence.  When he got over to the side door, he stopped suddenly and got this really shocked look on his face.  It took me a second to figure out why he was so shocked.  I thought he had seen me push the button, but obviously he hadn't!  He was freaking out inside because he thought he hadn't closed the door when we arrived at church three hours earlier and it had been snowing and wet!

I had to laugh a bit as I held up my key chain remote.  I had to convince him that I really was trying to do something nice rather than stopping his heart!! :D

1 comment: