Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Way Back When Wednesday - Teacher, I Invited This...

"Look, teacher, I invited this!"

"Are you sure you invited it?" I asked my excited student as I looked at the intricate piece of origami in her hand. 

"Yes, I invited it, it's new!  I made it!"  She replied.  She had obviously missed my stress on 'invited,' and thought I doubted the veracity of her claim.

"So, you called that and asked it to come over to your house?"  I tried to give her another clue.

"Um..." she looked confused for a second and then realized that she was using the wrong word.  "Oh, INVENTED!" She giggled.  "I invented this!"

***I should mention that this student"s hobby was origami and she was rather good at it.  And she had excellent English.  When she made mistakes they were usually like this one--mistaking two difficult and similar sounding words***

No comments:

Post a Comment