Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Baby's Baby Talkin'!

One of my blogging buddies Amanda at Ohamanda.com posted this sweet story about lullabies and her husband.  I posted a quick comment about my husband with our baby and it inspired me to share and extended version of the sweet story with you...

One morning when Cadence was just a few weeks old, Derek was giving me a couple extra hours of sleep after he got home from his early morning delivery job.  It was so nice!  At that time I was getting up just about every two hours to feed her and then it took me about 30 minutes to fall back asleep.  So I was getting maybe an hour at a time.  And Derek was sacrificing his after work nap to help me out!

In those early weeks, we were both still getting used to having a baby around, i.e. what to do with her.  That morning I had the door closed so I could get some sleep even if she was crying, but I could hear some cute baby talking out there.  At first I thought it was my dad talking to Cadence.  He's a baby talking pro and LOVES to talk to Cadence.  But the more I listened, I realized that it was Derek baby talking to her! 

Back then he thought baby talking was silly and probably embarrassing.  If he had thought anyone could hear him, he wouldn’t have been doing it!  It was so sweet to hear!

Now he baby talks all the time with Cadence.  Even in Japanese and Korean!

1 comment: