Wednesday, September 29, 2010

An Explosion Of Sorts

Cadence has done three big things in the last week or so. 

First of all, she dances.  Well, sorta.  She sways from side to side or from front to back when there's any type of music... but not necessarily to the beat.  She'll get there someday.  It's so dang cute!  The other day as we were leaving home to run some errands, I turned the car on and "Dancing Queen" was playing on the radio.  I turned around to back out of the drive-way and saw Cadence bopping along to the music with a HUGE grin on her face!  Looks like we've got a disco fan on our hands...

And she's learned how to climb up on and down off things.  She's been able to get on and off our bed for a while.  It's just a mattress on the floor.  And again she was so cute!  Until recently, she didn't know that there was any other way to get down off something other than face first.  She'd crawl to the end or side of our mattress and dive face first onto the (carpeted) floor.  We'd just see two adorable chubby feet sticking up in the air for a couple seconds and then she'd pull her self back into a crawling position.  She never complained so I guess it wasn't painful!  But now she's a pro at climbing up onto things--not much higher than 18 in. or so, thank goodness--and then turning around to get down feet first.  Big improvement!  Unfortunately every time she has exemplified this new skill I have neither my camera or camcorder at my fingertips.  :)

She's also learned how to clap her hands!  Just before dinner tonight she was super excited to have Derek pick her up, she's a total daddy's girl, and clapped once.  It made noise so she clapped again.  It still made noise so she clapped again and again!  I clapped and she clapped.  She clapped and I clapped more (I think I ended up doing a lot more clapping than she did).  I could see her brain wrapping itself around the new skill.  Totally cute!

And she slept through the entire night Monday night.  From 9pm-9am.  She hasn't done anything like that since Christmas Eve last year and that was only from 7pm-4am!  I'm not anticipating this becoming a habit, but it's improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment