Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Way Back When Wednesday - Sudafed

In July of 2007, we decided to take a couple of weeks to visit our family in the states.  We offered to take our boss' daughter, Ah Young, with us.  Mr. Kim readily agreed.

Ah Young did great on the whole trip.  The only hiccup was her getting swimmer's ear half-way through.  Someone suggested that we get sudafed to ease her earache.

No problem, I thought.  We went to Target and I tried to find some in the cold and flu aisle and was unsuccessful.  So I went up to the pharmacist and asked there.  They said they kept it behind the desk and asked for ID because some of the ingredients are used in making meth.  Evidently this was a new development since we had left for Korea.

I took out my wallet to get out my ID.  Uh oh, all I had was my Korean foreigner card.  All in Korean.  I showed it to the pharmacist, but he couldn't accept it because he couldn't read it.

Thank goodness Derek was there with his, but he was out in the car.  So I had to get out of line, get him, bring him back, get back in line, and then purchase the sudafed.

What a pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment