Thursday, July 22, 2010

Word of the Evening

Chintzy:

chintz·y/ˈCHintsē/Adjective

1. Of, like, or decorated with chintz.
2. Brightly colorful but gaudy and tasteless.

Derek and I were talking about digital scrap-booking supplies (Not Derek's favorite subject, but I brought it up and he humored me).  I showed him my favorite designer, Three Paper Peonies.  I love her style!  I totally want to buy everything out of her store.  All of her kits have beautiful, muted colors and simple embellishments.  In my opinion scrapbook supplies should compliment my pictures, not overpower them.

Derek seemed to like her style as well.  In fact his exact words were, "If all scrap-booking stuff looked like that, I wouldn't have such a low opinion of scrap-booking."  I agreed. 

Mostly.  My views on digi-scrapping are a bit more moderate.  While there are a lot of good looking kits that have brighter colors with more elaborate embellishments, there are also a lot of kits out there that are so bright and cartoony looking I just can't handle it.  Maybe it's just me...

Chintzy was the word that came to mind.  I had to look it up to make sure I was saying what I thought I was saying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment