Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Way Back When Wednesday - Sweet Rolls for Sacrament

I don't think I was there when this story happened.  A missionary told it to me, but I did know all the players in it. 

A new convert was asked to bring bread for sacrament meeting.  Actually, she might not have even been baptized yet.  It might have been that she was still an investigator. 

She showed up at church that Sunday morning with a tray of sweet rolls she had previously purchased at the bakery.  She handed them to the missionaries and told them, "I think everyone will like these better."  I guess she meant better than the plain bread that is customary.

What a sweet lady!  Her heart was in the right place.  I don't think she knew that she was supposed to bring regular bread, and she was just trying to make everyone happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment