Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Climbing Fences

Is it possible for my 8-month-old to laugh at me?  I mean really laugh.  When I'm not trying to get her to bust a gut.  I mean I'm just like all the other mothers out there who act like idiots--on purpose--to get their kids to laugh.

But this evening the furthest thing from my mind was trying to get Cadence to laugh.  I was just trying to climb over the little fence that separates our yard from the common area.  Derek was holding her while I tried to climb over the fence.  I didn't get very far because as soon as I started to swing one leg over, Cadence started to laugh.  And not just some half-hearted, I'll-laugh-so-you-don't-feel-bad laugh.  It was a full out belly laugh!

Which made Derek laugh, and me laugh, making it even harder to climb over the fence.  I tried two or three more times and every time I'd start to swing one leg up, she'd start all over again!

I guess I look ridiculous enough trying to climb over fences, even babies laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment