Monday, June 21, 2010

Way Back When Wedesday - It's all in who you know

In class one day we were talking about parents and what they do for jobs.  One of my students, Ye-In (English name Jane), said that her mother owned the bowling alley just up the hill from ETS.  I was really excited because Derek and I love to go bowling and hadn't found a good bowling alley in Sokcho yet.  We had seen Ye-In's mother's, but had yet to go in.

I told Ye-In that we would go there some time and to tell her mother that we would come.  I thought it would be fun for us (and her mother) to meet each other and do a fun thing at the same time. Unexpectedly, we got a sweet deal on bowling!  Ye-In had told her  mother we would come and since we "knew each other" gave us a free game!

It's really all in who you know in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment